Why Choose Grating Standard GRP Grit Top Grating?
- For fabrication, bulk and larger orders - please call for pricing.
- Stair Nosing Uk offer a cut-to-size service if the stock sizes aren't suitable for you. Stair Nosing Uk also offer bespoke covered top or phenolic grating.
- Impact resistant - our GRP grating has high energy absorption and can be repeatedly knocked without causing permanent damage, unlike steel which will buckle under impact (by a bump from a forklift for example).
- Lightweight - from just 12.3kg per square metre, you don't need any heavy lifting gear or specialist equipment to install our GRP panels - a two-person team can easily complete the job. Our GRP grating has a much higher strength to weight ratio than steel grating and many other materials.
- Chemical and rust resistant - our chemical resistant resin means our grating can be used in the toughest conditions such as oil rigs, chemical plants and coastal applications.
- Maintenance free - our grating is easy to fit using our Grating Clip Sets and easy to clean, making it a much more versatile alternative to steel grating.
- Non-conductive - our grating is radio frequency transparent and sound absorbing, making it suitable for a variety of environments and applications where radio frequency may be a factor. It also isn't magnetic, meaning it's suitable in environments where this may also be an issue.
- Fire retardant - our grating has been tested in accordance with BS 476: Part 7 and meets the requirements of Class 2 (certificates available on request). Unlike steel grating, there is no danger of sparking if metal objects are dropped on the grating. Our grating also contracts and expands a great deal less than other materials in extreme temperatures.
- Multiple sizes, types and colours available.
- Unlike steel grating, Stair Nosing Uk's GRP grating comes standard with a grit top, providing excellent slip resistance. The slip resistance value has been tested using the Pendulum test method, meeting the UK Slip Resistance Group requirements for an "Extremely Low Potential for Slip". Certificate is available on request.
- PTV Dry 69, Wet 65.
|Standard Grit||Heavy Duty Grit|
|Grit Type:||Post Cure||ExtremeCore Embedded|
|Guarantee:||10 Years||20 Years|
|Ideal For:||Vertical service risers, factory floors||Coastal and heavy footfall applications|
|PTV Test Reading Dry:||69||71|
|PTV Test Reading Wet:||65||56|
|Traffic Level:||Medium - Heavy||Heavy - Extreme|
|Fire Testing:||Class 2||
- Middle Level Commissioners Case Study
- Butley Ferry Case Study
- Monte Carlo Rally Case Study
- Stormzy and EE 5G Launch
- Jaguar Land Rover Case Study
How to Install
- You can install our Standard GRP Grit Top Grating easily and quickly with our Grating Clip Sets. These can come complete with nuts, bolts and washers.
- Ensure that the area is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material.
- Dry fit all Grating panels to ensure that they fit freely and that they sit flat down on to the surface. If required, panels can be trimmed on site to suit using an industrial jigsaw and appropriate cutting blades (Bosch “T101 A1F” or similar are ideal).
Grating Clips Application
- C' Clips: are used to join two grating panels together. One clip should be affixed every 500mm - place the clip over the two load bars of both panels, and then manoeuvre down so the clip is horizontal and slotted into place. Then push the screw through the clip holes and screw into the washer and bolt.
- M' Clips & L' Clips: are used for drilling down your grating into place. M' Clips are used for when your grating has closed mesh edges, L' Clips are used for when your grating has open mesh edges. Set out where you will be positioning your grating clips. These should be in every corner of the grating panel, and then every 500mm inwards around the rest of the grating. Push the clips into the open mesh squares so that the clip sits neatly on the load bar, and the base of the clip is sitting close to the bottom of the grating panel.
- Fixing down directly onto a substrate - if you are fixing directly into the existing surface, pilot drill through the hole in the clip and into the substrate then fix using the appropriate screw and plug.
- Fixing down onto a support frame- if you are fixing into a support frame you will need to drill through the frame and then put through bolt fitting and tighten the washer and nut underneath the frame.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.