- Stair Nosing Uk offer a cut-to-size service if the stock sizes aren't suitable for you.
- Quick installation - drill down with mechanical fixings and you're good to go. Minimal downtime and can be walked on immediately.
- Their 55mm contrasting nosing also makes them Building Regulation and Disability Discrimination Act compliant.
- Durable and tough - made from fibreglass GRP through the pultrusion process, our Standard Nosings are resistant to swelling, stretching or warping over a wide range of temperatures and physical stresses.
- Anti slip top surface - our silicon quartz grit provides excellent anti slip properties providing increased safety on steps and stairs and the high contrasting colour aids visibility. The chamfered back edge also provides additional security to your stairs.
|MOHS Hardness Scale:||7||9|
|Ideal For:||Commercial premises||Industrial premises|
|PTV Test Reading Dry:||71||76|
|PTV Test Reading Wet:||63||70|
|Pedestrian Traffic Level:||Light - Medium||Heavy|
|Sheet Thickness:||4mm - 5mm with grit||5mm - 7mm with grit|
|Guarantee:||3 Years||10 Years|
How to Install
- You can install our Standard Anti Slip Stair Tread Covers easily and quickly with our Stair Tread Cover Fixing Kits. 1 fixing kit covers 3 metres of stair tread cover.
- Refer to the diagram in image 4 above for instructions on how to measure your stairs appropriately.
- Ensure that the area is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material. Any “dished” or damaged surface areas should be patch repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface. You can patch repair concrete with our Step Edge Repair.
- Dry fit stair tread covers to ensure they fit freely and that they sit flat down on the surface. If required, can be trimmed on site to suit, ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
Fixing Kit Application
- Apply an approx. 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependant on the substrate conditions) of the high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the stair tread covers approx. 25mm in from the edges. Then, starting from the bottom left corner come up at an angle (approx. 200mm across) and then down at an angle, to create a ‘peak and a trough’, repeat this until you reach the end. The adhesive is best applied using a skeleton gun.
- Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1-1.5mm). A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions.
- Drill two holes on each side of the stair tread cover, the first approximately 60mm in from the back edge and 50mm from the side. The second one should again be approximately 50mm from the side and approx. 60mm back from the contrasting nosing (55mm) For larger treads, it may be necessary to have further fixing points in the centre of the tread.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.