- Extremely hard wearing - with our 10 year guarantee you can be rest assured our heavy duty decking strips will last.
- Ideal for - coastal decking, marinas, quays, industrial decking areas and decking areas with harsh weather conditions. Our fine grade heavy duty decking strips are also suitable for commercial areas with very high levels of traffic such as schools and hospitals.
- Quick and easy installation - our strips come with pre-drilled holes and screw fixings, so all you need is a drill and you're ready to go. No glue is required to install the product.
- Minimal downtime - these decking strips can be walked on immediately.
- Aesthetically pleasing - when applying to timber decking, our stone decking strips easily blend into the existing environment.
- Design with a chamfered edge - to provide additional safety and reduce any further possibility of trips and falls.
n.b. Sold in single lengths.
|Grit Type:||Standard||Heavy Duty|
|Ideal For:||Commercial premises||Industrial premises|
|Pedestrian Traffic Level:||Light - Medium||Heavy|
|Thickness:||3mm with Chamfered Edges||3mm with Chamfered Edges|
|Guarantee:||5 Years||10 Years|
How to Install
- Our Anti Slip Heavy Duty GRP Decking Strips come with predrilled holes and fixing screws, so all that is needed is a suitable drill. If zinc plated screws aren't suitable, you can upgrade to our Stainless Steel Decking Strip Screws for a rust-free option.
- Ensure that the area is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material. Any “dished” or damaged surface areas should be repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface.
- Dry fit decking strips to ensure they fit freely and that they sit flat down on the surface. If required, our decking strips can be trimmed on site to suit, ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade.
- Once you have the decking strips in the correct place, using a marker, mark through the pre-drilled holes onto the substrate.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
- Place strips in position and then using the screws provided, drill through pre-drilled holes and into the substrate. Repeat on all of the pre-drilled holes.
- If drilling into hardwood, a pilot hole may be required.
- Please note - you must use the screws provided as wood contracts and expands at a different rate to fibreglass, and these screws allow for movement to help eliminate bowing or splitting. A stainless steel upgrade is also available.
- Please note - you must not overtighten the screws as this will inhibit movement needed when the wood contracts or expands.
- Whilst decking strips are extremely resilient to dirt and contaminants, they can in particularly harsh environments become dirty. Dirt and debris can easily be removed using a stiff brush and should be carried out on a regular basis.
- If decking strips have been subjected to spillages or the dirt has become embedded, detergents such as Degreaser can be used. It is always advisable to test any cleaning product on the decking strips before starting the cleaning procedure - this can be done in an inconspicuous area of the installation.
- Using the detergent, warm water and a suitable brush, scrub the areas until clean. The excess water can be removed using a wet/ dry vacuum cleaner or suitable absolvable materials.
- Where circumstances allow, decking strips can be power washed without causing harm, though care should still be taken.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.