Why Choose EdgeGrip Aluminium Anti Slip Stair Nosings?
- Aesthetically pleasing - our aluminium stair nosings are a more subtle alternative to the more industrial looking GRP stair nosings, and are ideal for internal steps and stair cases where aesthetics are important.
- The anti slip fibreglass insert make this 55mm contrasted coloured nosing Building Regulation and Disability Discrimination Act Part III compliant (in particular, the sections relevant to the partially sighted).
- Its aluminium composition means it's resistant to impact and corrosion.
- Easy to install - just drill down with fixing screws and you are good to go.
How to Install
- You can install our EdgeGrip Aluminium Anti Slip Stair Nosing easily and quickly with our EdgeGrip Stair Nosing Fixing Kits. 1 fixing kit covers 5 x 3000mm of stair nosing.
- Ensure that the area is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material. Any “dished” or damaged surface areas should be patch repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface. You can patch repair concrete with our Step Edge Repair.
- Dry fit stair nosings to ensure they fit freely and that they sit flat down on the surface. If required, EdgeGrip can be trimmed on site to suit, ideally using a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a standard metal blade.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
Fixing Kit Application
- Apply an 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependant on the substrate conditions) of the high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the stair nosings approx. 15mm in from the edges. If you are fixing your nosing to carpet or similar material - you can skip the adhesive section of application. The adhesive is best applied using a skeleton gun.
- Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1-1.5mm). A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions.
- Drill two holes on each side of the stair nosing, the first approximately 15mm in from each edge. For larger nosings, it may be necessary to have further fixing points in the centre of the tread. Pre-drilling the holes before drilling into the substrate is recommended.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.